Understanding to Water Leakage Problems
Over time, concrete and other porous surfaces may experience cracks and voids due to movement, expansion and etc. If these cracks and voids are found in wet areas (external wall cracks, toilet floor slab cracks, etc), water will enter these cracks and voids and search for weak spots to exit. More often than not, structural water leakages are due to such cracks and voids.
In order to repair this defect found in concrete and/or other porous surfaces that is causing the water leakage, we carry out PU Injection Grouting. A brief method statement is as follows:
- First of all, create a hole in close proximity to the crack line/void.
- Next, inject PU at high pressure into the pre-drilled holes. The PU grout will expand as a result of reaction with water and this fills up the cracks and voids found.
- Lastly, seal up the pre-drilled holes.
In SWC Construction, we only use the best PU grout that is available in the Singapore market. Despite the price being higher than the other alternatives, we insist on only using the best PU grout because a good quality PU grout can last for a much longer time than a lower quality one.
The benefit of using PU Injection Grouting is:
- no requirement for hacking and damaging of flooring and tiling
- cleaner and quicker process, saves up to 3 times the duration of work
- way more cost-effective solution as compared to conventional methods of repair
PU Injection Grouting Projects